AMINES REACTIVITY CRITERIA
The parameters characterizing the reactivity of amines in non-radical and radical reactions which are often used in the correlation analysis are discussed. It is shown that the ionization potential of amine I correlates with the basicity of pKB, with affinity of the amine to the proton in the gas phase (PA)g, with anodic oxidation potential of amine relative to a saturated calomel electrode EP, with Svein- Scott nucleophilicity parameter n, with dipole moment , with Taft's substituent constant σ and with nitrogen charge in the molecule of amine qN. In order to express the activity of the secondary amine in the reactions with the unsaturated compounds for the first time the multi-parameter empirical correlation equation, including ionization potential of amine, its basicity, steric factor of deputy and the dipole moment, is offered
1. Bejlerjan N.M. O korreljacii mezhdu potencialom ionizacii aminov i skorost'ju ih okislenija perekisjami [On the correlation between the amines ionization potential and the speed of their oxidation by peroxides]., Uch. zap. EGU., 1971, No. 1., pp. 128-144
2. Beyleryan N.M. Dependence of amine reactivity on its ionization potential in reactions with different oxidations including electron-exited ketones., Oxidation comm., - 2001, vol. 24, No. 4., pp. 477-503. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/chin.200223283
3. Beylerian N.M., Simonian G.S. Kinetic Study of reactions R2NH+α,β-unsaturated compound. The rate dependence on reagents structure and solvents nature. Quantitative study of some amines reactivity toward peroxides and ROO., HO. Free radical., In Trends in Molecular and High Molecular Sciense. – New York., “Nova Scien. Pub. Inc.”., - 2005, Ch. 12, - pp. 199-216.
4. Bronsted J.N., Pederson K.J. The catalytic decomposition of nitramide and its phisico-chemical applications., J. Phys. Chem., - 1924, Bd 108., pp. 185-235.
5. Osipov O.L., Minkin V.M. Spravochnik po dipol'nym momentam molekul [Reference book on the dipolar moments of molecules]. - Moskva., Vyssh. shkola, 1965., - 219 p.
6. Swain C.G., Scott C.B. Guantitative Corelation of Relative Rates.Comparison of Hidroxide Ion with Other Nucleofilic Reagents toward Alkyl Halides, Esters, Epoxides and Acyl Halides., J. Am. Chem. Soc., - 1953, vol. 75, No. 1., pp. 141-147. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ja01097a041
7. Leman T., Beren M. Spektroskopija ionnogo ciklotronnogo rezonansa (per. s angl.) [Spectroskopy of the ionic cyclotron resonance]. - Moskva., 1980. - 67 p.
8. Mann Ch.K. Cyclic Stationary Electrode Voltammetry of some Aliphatic Amines., Anal.Chem., - 1964, vol. 36., pp. 2424-2426. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac60219a014
9. Taft R.W. Polar and Staric Substituent Constants for Aliphatic and o-Benzoate Groups from Rates of Esterification and Hydrolysis of Esters., J. Am. Chem. Soc., - 1952, vol. 74, No. 12., pp. 3120-3128.
10. Taft R.W., Lewis I.C. The General Applicability of a Fixed Scale of Inductive Effects. II. Inductive Effects of Dipolar Substituents in the Reactivities of m- and p-Substituted Derivatives of Benzene., J. Am. Chem. Soc., - 1958, vol. 80, No. 10, - pp. 2436-2441.